July 17, 2013

What a day!

I am not one to handle stress well...at all. Today has been one of the most overwhelming days I have had in a while. I decided a nap would help me escape for a while, but unfortunately, that didn't work out for me.  Have you ever felt too overwhelmed to sleep?!?! So, I thought maybe blogging about my day would help release some stress & give me the motivation to get some things done.  Here we go...

5:00 am...I rush out bed & throw on a pair of scrubs. I'm feeling rested & ready to start the day. I look in the mirror to make sure I am somewhat presentable, and that's when I noticed it...Vaseline stains...(I discovered these stains a few days ago on 4 pairs of my scrubs, as well as, a recently purchased Alabama tee.  I have pretreated these articles of clothing numerous times with Tide, Mean Green, & Greased Lightening.  Those pesky stains are still there! I am ready to just say forget it & wear them anyway.) So, there I am taking my shoes back off and trying to find stain-free scrubs...10 mins after I was supposed to be leaving for work. Thankfully, the red lights were on my side & I made to work on time.  

Ah work....nothing like getting punched in the rib cage to make your day better.  Luckily, I got an extra little break from work as I had about a 30 min drive to meet with my academic advisor. I know have my  degree in hand & my estimated graduation date is spring 2016.  The ADN (RN) is a 5 semester program, but because I have some of my academics already completed, I am left with having semesters containing only 1 or 2 courses! According to my advisor, this is a great thing.  I will try to keep her advice in mind, being that she has a masters in nursing ;) I was feeling extremely positive & ready to get this Fall semester started, and then she dropped a bomb on me...as of this fall, you're required to have a 18 on the ACT. I never had to take the ACT, and the thought of taking it instantly put a knot in my stomach.  Why, you may ask. Well, because I hate math.  I hate it more than anything.  I would rather go have all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled again, than to have to deal with algebra. Math anxiety...that's what I have & it is horrible! Oh well, maybe I can run across a few (it will take more than one to make me understand the craziness of putting numbers & letters together) precious souls with abundance amount of patience that would be willing to hang out some & drill this math into my head.  Did I mention that one of my classes this fall is intermediate college algebra???? Ahhh!!! 

While the break from work was welcomed, my absence cause my partner & I to fall behind a bit, which means that we went nonstop from 10:30-2:00 trying to get caught up. Anyway that has worked with me, knows that being behind completely stresses me out.  Luckily, we were able to finish on time.  

I get home, excited to just fall on my bed & breathe for a moment...yeah right.  I walk in to clothes that had been thrown all over the place during the morning shenanigans. I am instantly reminded of those stupid stains, which after the day I had, are even more irritating! So, I grab the Green Lightening again, scrub the stains, & throw them back in the wash.  They are air drying now & I'm really not wanting to go see if the stains are still there, but I will. I know you all are dying to know the result...
Well, the stains are still there, but not as noticeable.  It will have to do.

In some way, writing about my day has definitely made me realize that it really wasn't that bad.  I do have a lot to be thankful for.  Now, to put this. iPad down, and get these clothes hung up. Thanks for reading! 

Psalm 61:2 - From the end of the earth I will cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. 


No comments:

Post a Comment