July 6, 2013

Love is....

"I love you", in my opinion, are 3 of the most overused words in today's society. Unfortunately, a lot of people just throw these words around like they are nothing & in most cases, are followed by actions that say something completely different.  Actions really do speak louder than words. I dare you to come up with just one example in which words show you more than what actions do. 

What is love? 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 explains it in detail. 

Love :
Is patient
Is kind
Does not envy
Does not boast
Is not proud
Does not dishonor others
Is not self-seeking
Is not easily angled
Keeps no record of wrong doings
Does not delight in evil
Rejoices in truth
Always protects
Always trusts
Always hopes
Always perseveres

I will not only use this as the guidelines to determine how real someone's love is for me, but to also remind me how to love.  We accept the love that we think we deserve. None of us should accept anything less. 



No comments:

Post a Comment